Diocese of Oakland HSPT® Registration
Registration for the school year is not currently open.The East Bay Catholic high schools in the Diocese of Oakland will administer the High School Placement Test (HSPT) on January 7, 2023. This test is for 8th grade students only. All students are required to register for the HSPT. Please register to take the test at a school to which you've applied. Students only have to take the test once.
Registration will close at the end of day on January 4, 2023. Many local high schools do not accept walk-ins on the day of the test. Please contact the Admissions Office at the high school test center with any questions you have.
Parents will receive a copy of their child's results via email on March 17, 2023 after 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE REGISTERING.
- APPLY to the East Bay Catholic high school(s) you wish to be considered for admission. Pay the application fee at each high school you apply to.
REGISTER online for the HSPT here.
- Students may test at any East Bay Catholic high school provided they have an application on file where they wish to test.
- Your HSPT registration fee is included in your high school application fee. You are required to register for the HSPT to secure your spot.
- Click “Register Student” below for the high school where you wish to take the test.
- When completing the registration form, enter your information exactly as it appears on your high school application/s.
- Indicate whether your child is requesting extended time for testing.
- You only need to register for the HSPT once when applying to multiple Diocesan schools.
- If you are an out of state applicant, please contact STS directly to arrange testing at 1-800-642-6787
- DESIGNATE the high school(s) you want to receive your test scores. Families may choose up to three high schools in the Oakland Diocese to receive their child’s test results. Students should have an application for admission on file at each of the high school(s) selected. If students wish to send their test results outside of the Oakland Diocese, students must send a request in writing to the Admissions Office of the high school where the test is taken.
- RECEIVE an immediate confirmation email and registration number from STS. Print and keep your email confirmation somewhere safe; you will need it to make any updates or changes to your registration.
- TAKE the HSPT. Students should bring a copy of their registration number with them on the day of the test.
Test Dates and Locations
Available options are listed below.
Parents will receive a PDF copy of their child’s Performance Profile via email. Results will be emailed on March 17, 2023 after 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam folders if the email is not in your inbox.
Your designated email address will be the exclusive method used to inform you of your child’s test results. It is imperative that you update your testing registration information to reflect any changes or updates to your email address. You have until one week after the test date to do so online. (See the FAQ section below on How do I make changes to my registration?)
Whom to Contact
If you have any questions, please call the high school Admissions Office of your preferred testing site. To find a list of schools along with the addresses and telephone numbers, go to www.oakdiocese.org.
What if I require testing accommodations?
Extended time accommodations will be granted if documentation has been sent to the school where you are testing and applying to. You should also send a copy of your documentation to every other high school to which you have applied.
For more information and to confirm testing accommodations, please contact the school where you are testing.
How do I make changes to my registration?
You have until a week after your scheduled test date to make changes to your registration online.
To make changes, click on the Already Registered link at the top of the page. Under Update Registration, type the email address you entered during registration and the registration number you received. Click Login to access to your registration and make any changes.
What if I missed the test date I signed up for?
If you missed the test you signed up for, please contact the Admissions Office of the high school where you originally selected to take the test.
Can I cancel my registration?
To cancel your registration, contact the Admissions Office of the high school where you originally selected to take the test.
I never received an email confirming my test registration. What should I do?
Click on the Already Registered link at the top of the page to resend the confirmation email. Under Resend Confirmation Email, type the email address you entered during registration and click Send Email. Be sure to check your email’s SPAM or Junk folder, as well.
If you still do not receive an email confirmation, contact the Admissions Office of the high school where you originally selected to take the test. They will be able to provide you with your confirmation number. You should also confirm the email address entered during registration, as this is where emailed test results will be sent.
Can you send my test results to more than one email address?
Scholastic Testing Service, Inc. will send your child’s test results to one email address only. It is imperative that you update your testing registration information to reflect any changes or updates to your email address. You have until one week after the test date to do so online.
Can you send my test results to a different high school?
If you need to have your scores sent to a different high school outside of the Oakland Diocese, the first step is to contact the school where the student tested after test results have been received. The school may either forward results directly or contact STS to do so. STS requires permission from the school to forward student scores; STS cannot forward scores solely based on a parent’s request.
I never received a copy of my test results. What should I do?
You may contact Scholastic Testing Service, Inc. at [email protected] to request a copy of your test results. You will need to provide the following information in the email:
- Student’s name
- Student’s birth date
- Address on the registration
- Registration number
What do my scores mean?
Families of students testing in the Diocese of Oakland will receive a copy of their student's results sent by email. To learn more about how the HSPT is scored and what your scores mean, visit http://ststesting.com/hspt.
Each school evaluates your scores in its own way. Criteria determined by one school to assist with academic decisions may not be the same for another school. If you have questions about how individual schools use your HSPT scores, please contact the school directly.